Wednesday, December 31, 2014

to sum it up

It's that time of the year when everyone reflects on what the whole year has meant to them. On our part of the world, it's been pretty clear that 2014 has been a year of tragedies.. Even if I was not directly involved in any of the calamities, it's fair to say that nobody in our country has been left unaffected by the incidents.. 
Truly Allah is the best of planners and as Muslims we must believe that he gives us trials and tribulations so that we don't forget Him and so that we will learn from it.. It would just be a shame if we came out of these disasters not being educated on the beauty that lies within the mess..
On a personal note with you dear Khadeeja,.. Mama has learned (and is still learning) the art of patience. As much as I think one of the solutions is for you to have a sibling (if only it were that simple), I'm happy to be the one playing with you and hearing you talk.. Boy you can say a lot these days you smarty pants.. ;) You can tell me stories, sulk, be cheeky (very) and demanding all at once.. The only thing I haven't been able to help you with yet is potty train you... And that will be a story for another post.. 
And so I bid this year goodbye and hope that 2015 will be a year of growth, healing, forgiving, caring, nurturing and all good things for us and mankind.. 
And I hope I won't abandon this blog that long too!
Have a happy new year everyone!

XOXO

3 comments:

Shz said...

Shebs, keep on writting girl! Wawa darling dah besarrrrr...indeed Allah is the best planner. Hope to see you n wawa n neezam soon. Take care darlinggg

AS said...


Hi, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. I couldn't find your email so I am leaving a comment to u. Hope to hear soon. Thanks! Ps: this is NOT a spam yah haha :)

Sher said...

Tq. Erm.. What kind of collaboration?

Aging?

Something I've been discussing in class with my kids lately has led me to think of the many possibilities that all of us have in life. ...