Saturday, December 15, 2012

is it always greener on the other side?

Ever had a great idea in your head only to realize later that it wasn't such a good idea after all?

A couple of months ago I played around with the idea of quitting my job as a teacher to work at home.. I laid down all possible avenues of things I could do - write (books!), give tuition.. As you can see, I so can't run away from `teacher' duties.. :p

Anyway, that fantasy of mine ended as soon as it begun.. When I started imagining a life without teaching it made me realize how I couldn't leave it. And that's only what 13 years has done to me.. 

Now, since the holidays.. again I have been sucked into yet another temporary reality of mine - the one where I get to stay at home and actually be a full time housewife.. Of course this only happens during long school holidays. Going crazy with baking cupcakes has made me start thinking that, yes, I can do this. I can make a living out of it. I can sell cupcakes! 

And so as mentioned in my previous post, I have been on a baking spree trying out different recipes and also trying to make that one perfect cupcake... 

I may have achieved my goal since I got my first order yesterday! 50 cupcakes! (this happened after a dear friend tasted that `perfect' cupcake..)

As much as this is exciting news, now I'm starting to wonder if I can take this up.. even if as just a side business. Like seriously do this. Having time on my hands this holiday helps I guess, but I'm not so sure once I start work again. Gosh, even now, I'm procrastinating on marking the 31 scripts tucked away in my bag....

So before I go and buy that new oven I've always wanted and daydream of having a cupcake business.. I think I'll just take baby steps first and start with the 50 I'll need to deliver next week.

Wish me luck! ;)

No comments: