Wednesday, December 5, 2012

in a relationship

Tis been a week of this glorious holiday and I'm here once more to do what I like.. write :)

Highlights of my hols is of course spending time with my daughter.. She's going to be 15 months soon Alhamdulillah and such a joy! Growing a lot of teeth now and is demanding too. Still trying to work out how to handle her little tantrums.. You'd think a 1 year old would be incapable of all that but she surprises me everyday.

Have also been able to catch up on some reading. Once you get hold of a good book... there's nothing better than to curl up with it.

And I have been obsessed with baking too. It's ridiculous cuz all I can think of lately is trying different recipes.. I'm now in a relationship with cupcakes! So far have baked over 60 cupcakes in 4 different flavours!.. There's something soothing about baking.. I've always loved it.. and I came across this quote that probably sums up why:
 

"Writing is like baking cupcakes, you're trying to make something from the raw. Like with cupcakes it's flour and eggs and stuff, and with books it's ideas and words. The end result is the same though, you want people to eat them up.

Till another time then people.. Be safe, be happy :)

No comments:

Aging?

Something I've been discussing in class with my kids lately has led me to think of the many possibilities that all of us have in life. ...