Monday, June 4, 2012

I can, I can, I can

Picking up my habit of reading again this holiday I came across this poem; it's quite long but here's part of it:


If tomatoes wanted to be melons, 
they would look completely ridiculous,
I am always amazed
that so many people are concerned
with wanting to be what they are not;
what's the point of making yourself look ridiculous?

You don't always have to pretend to be strong,
there's no need to prove all the time that everything is going well,
you shouldn't be concerned about what other people are thinking,
cry if you need to,
it's good to cry out all your tears
(because only then will you be able to smile again).

Written by Mitsuo Aida (1924-91), poet & calligrapher.

I can relate to this poem since I often want to be Wonderwoman.. I can't claim myself as one but I sure try to be one. Yet nobody's perfect.. You have to ask for help from people at some point. Like getting a cleaner to tidy up your house. Getting mum to babysit. Calling in sick because you just have to stay in bed. And the list goes on.

Ironically, I adamantly took care of the little one all day yesterday while I coughed, sneezed and sniffled- BIG TIME- when all I wanted to do was lie down under the covers.. But I guess sometimes you just have to be a superwoman.. or do you really? 

What is certain is that my strength comes from Allah. Syukur Alhamdulillah.. May he grant me the strength to endure further obstacles ahead of me.. and to all you readers too.

No comments: