Monday, July 11, 2011

just do it - a confession

There comes a point in one's life that you gotta just throw caution to the wind (read: take a risk) and just do it.
Look around you and tell me how many people you know have done that. See anyone familiar? You, probably?
I think these past few days I've put up several statuses on my fb that kinda hints at how we should take challenges in our life and make something out of it.
Of course it's very easy to cower in a corner and bemoan our fate.. and so it takes a lot of courage to get back up and face the music.. Something which I believe everyone can do, given some time and support.

And so, after 11 years of marriage, I am now finally beginning to open up to doing the one thing I refused to do, only because I wanted to believe that I could do it naturally..,which is, I'm now ready to adopt! :)

I do not want to discuss the struggles I've been through in the process of trying before coming to this decision.. but I just need to sort out the many feelings running through my mind as it has been a week since I made this decision and met the biological mother of my child. Meeting the parents broke my heart.. in ways I didn't think I'd feel..

The reality is that it now has become real. All my husband and I had before this was an image of what we wanted. But now, we are facing it and soon, in a couple of months God willing, we will be parents.

It's scary. On many levels. I know I'm not the one with a pregnant belly to start with, but I now will shoulder the responsibility of raising a kid with my husband.

Don't get me wrong, I want this. It's just that I'm actually dreading the moment I will take away that child from his/her mother and make it my own.. May Allah give me the strength to do it and the mother, the strength to part with her child.

5 comments:

khadijah said...

Allah will help you,teacher. Always..keep praying..nice people like you will become a great mother..=))

Diana. Z said...

Salam Ms Shereen!~~ Insyallah u'll be a great mother!~~ I believe in you Ms. Shereen!~ You always have that motherly aura when ur with us. Ahh.. im so excited for you!~ May this be a blessed journey for you. :) :) *hugs*

Sher said...

thanx girls. Appreciate it :)

Anonymous said...

i know you'll be a good one, you were a good mother to us all in class :)

Sher said...

Alhamdulillah.. i hope i was :) thank you.