Sunday, May 29, 2011

past my bedtime ramblings

Currently 2.30 am on a Sunday morning and am wide awake. Ok well, I'm starting to feel a little drowsy.. Didn't really plan to stay up this late but I suppose since the people in this house seem intent to watch a football match, I have made myself occupied with things to distract me from sleeping.

I've had my share of sleepless nights before. Two years ago when I was finishing up my masters and what feels like a century ago, when I was doing my degree. Last minute work can actually create wonders!

Anyway, this is day 9 of my holiday. And in typical holiday mode, I have spent the first week really just chilling. But I do wish I'd get down to doing things on the list I made before the holiday. Maybe I shouldn't make a list in the future..

Just noticed one thing today.. that I've been spending a lot of time with people who don't have father figures in their life. It's just one of those things in life I suppose.. a son whose father divorced his mother and moved away since the boy was 5, a son whose father is only present when it's his turn, and a son whose father is deceased..

My ideal picture of a family of course would be one with a complete set of numbers in the formulation. Yet, am not afraid to say that the sons all turned up to be not that bad.. This all due to substitute father figures, strong family values and maybe even a strong mother figure left to fend for her children.

Anyhow I wonder if life would have been different for them if they had that presence of a father all the way.

I'm sure it would be. But there's no need for their lives not to be so despite the absence..

I just hope that these people whom I know will be good fathers for their children in the future and be the constant figure in their lives, God willing..

No comments:

Aging?

Something I've been discussing in class with my kids lately has led me to think of the many possibilities that all of us have in life. ...