Wednesday, March 2, 2011

w r i t e!

I once picked out a quote that stated two kinds of readers: those who read to remember and those who read to forget..

Perhaps we could also say that people write to remember and be remembered..?

Have been harping on about writing to my students lately and stressing that in the exams there's always a communicative purpose behind every writing task they have to complete.

After all, what is writing if not to serve a purpose.

Once you know why you're writing, things may become much clearer.. focused.. and ideas will flow..

Of course there are people like us, who blog.. or write diaries, who may not write for any particular purpose or audience.. And so then.. why do we write? (when we know very well that only a fraction of the people we know will read it... at least in my case that is..)

Some people do not share the same concept or need for a blog or a diary.. Why does someone need to write about feelings and stuff..?

In my defense, I write..

to put my thoughts in order.. to even it out, if you may call it..
to share with others things I hope they can relate to
because sometimes only by writing does it allow me to `say' things I can't say out loud..

Sometimes I write just because.

But most importantly, I write for me.



I hope I'll continue writing and if God grants me a long life, that my children too will live to read these ramblings of mine.. and hopefully learn something from it.




Keep in mind that the person to write for is yourself. Tell the story that you most desperately want to read.
Susan Isaacs

No comments: