Friday, March 11, 2011

leaving on a jet plane

Will embark on a journey to a different continent in less than 24 hours from now..
Want to write something `wow' here but packing my small suitcase and worrying about whether I'm gonna be carrying too much (or too little) has made me exhausted.. Packing sure is a chore..

Am also paranoid that I will leave something behind..

I guess going away for a few days does that to someone..

The cats will be missed of course. One tried to get packed with my belongings as he sat in the suitcase.. cute.. I suppose they sense that we'll be leaving them behind..

As usual, one of the must have's to be packed with my essentials is a story book. It should keep me company on my 8 hour flight.. I have chosen The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. A book I bought last year but never got round to reading.. I tend to read more on holidays as compared to my normal working days. But wait. I'm not going on a holiday.. This is more like a business trip..
Anyhoo.. will pretend that I'm on a holiday anyway and try and take in the new sights and sounds to my best capability... (after the 8.30-4.30 workshop..) and even if shops mostly close at 5.. :p

Pray for my safe journey there and my return.. Maybe I'll have stories to share when i get back InsyaAllah..

ps/ don't miss me too much ;)

2 comments:

-mfr5071- said...

enjoy the trip teacher. no need to pretend, it just 1/3 of your day, you have another 2/3.

spot some nice place so that you can suggest some to me this july. *ameen..

Mustafa Farhan said...

have a great journey teacher!

Aging?

Something I've been discussing in class with my kids lately has led me to think of the many possibilities that all of us have in life. ...