Thursday, September 9, 2010

in the festive mood

This will be short as I'm not really supposed to stay away from the `rendang'.. ;)

But before I stay away from my blog for too long.. I thought I'd add in a new post particularly on my current thoughts - RAYA!

This year it's `my turn' for the first day.. and as usual, my role will be to help mum in the kitchen..

Apart from raya cookies which I can never stay away from, the part where I get to spend time cooking with my mum is definitely the moment I love the most about raya. I thank God my mum is still strong and healthy at 67.. As most mum's are.. she whips up the best meal.. and she's just the best!

I hope I can be like that too one day. Almost there maybe! ;)

I hope that I too get to spend time in the kitchen with my children and I hope that they love those moments and cherish it..

The festive season is truly a joyous one.. but let us not forget those who are not able to be with their loved ones, or even may not have a home to go back to.. May Allah bless their lives in other ways and may we all be grateful for the blessed life that God has granted us..

Happy Raya everyone!

2 comments:

-mfr5071- said...

salam aidilfitri teacher.
taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum.
Kullu ‘am, wa antum bi khair.

"moga Allah terima amalan saya dan teacher"
“Semoga sepanjang tahun ini, teacher berada dalam kebaikan”.

Sher said...

Amin... thanx Faiz! :) And to you too InsyaAllah..