Sunday, August 15, 2010

the dominating force in our life..

This week ain't over yet but I suppose as far as it has gone by, the highlights so far seem to be in the moments spent in good company..
If you have good food, there's no better way of sharing it but with those who matter. It is cliche, yes, but it is a well known fact that breaking your fast is way much fun when you get to gather with family and friends.
Was blessed to have those moments this week once with friends and just last night with family and relatives.. As the saying goes, `the more the merrier'.. and indeed they were merry.. :)

A funny thing I observed was after prayers we (me and my cousins) got to chatting and the conversations kept ending up with us comparing features on our phones.. what to install (iphone users.. hehe), how to play them, how do we do video calling and so on..
Kinda sad I guess as we are still a little obsessed with technology and therefore TALK about it when we're not using it.. Saw my parents kinda shake their heads in `amazement' or shame looking at us going on and on..

I am lucky not to be one of those people who obsess over games online or in my phone but I can't deny the need to often want to keep checking on my phone when I'm free or waiting for someone.. It's like the same `need' to go on facebook to check on things.. Life surely can go on without all those things.. but yet, we almost always depend on it just to keep our lives `normal'..
Cuz it's a cultural norm people say. But who says we have to follow it? Why not do just the opposite, sit back and enjoy life in other ways. I mean without feeling the need to make technology rule you.

I say these things with such surety but I am also a victim of technology who sadly must go on facebook at least twice a day and read other people's status .. Shame on me.. ;)

No comments: