Wednesday, June 30, 2010

my life

A new semester has begun and as in the fashion of how things go at my workplace, new faces have appeared in the month of June, whether it be new to the school or just new to me.
No matter how `seasoned' you may be at teaching, it's never a dull moment to meet new students.
I guess that's one of the `perks' teaching offers. In fact, without students - old or new, my life would cease to exist.. They are a part of my life, they ARE my life, my job, my source of income, the reason why I love teaching so much. As much as I may lament about my job sometimes, they are what make it all worthwhile. They dominate my facebook, surpassing I think, the number of friends I have (on facebook). I talk about them a lot more than about anything else sometimes.. I even dream of them!

Am I complaining? Far from it. I am merely stating a fact. A reality. My reality. And I love it actually. I love them even though they can make me mad, sad, upset, frustrated and heart broken. They most often just make me happy, really ;)

No comments:

Aging?

Something I've been discussing in class with my kids lately has led me to think of the many possibilities that all of us have in life. ...