Tuesday, May 18, 2010

momma's girl

I once told my mum I wanted to live with her when I got married.
This was probably 10-15 years ago..
Now after 10 years of marriage it seems that that was all talk.. :(
Up until now my life has evolved around me living far away from my parents in a succession of places..
It all started at age 13 when I started boarding school for 5 years - 3 in Taiping and 2 in Muar, then 6 years in the UK getting my degree.. then another 6 years working up north first then to the east coast..
That makes a total of 17 years away!!! OMG!
Of course we met, I came back for hols and they visited.. so we weren't away from each other totally..
But still, to think that I spent so much time being `Ms Independent'.. no wonder I now crave spending time with them all whenever I can..
Like recently when Ma slept over for the weekend, I felt that that was one of those rare moments where we got to just hang out- in the kitchen and talk.. and also be a little pampered..
Haha.. still not too old for that!
Well, it made me realize that sometimes we don't need to do much to enjoy the company of the people we love.
So, I should really cherish precious times like that and make the most of the time God is still giving me on this Earth.

No comments: