Wednesday, February 10, 2010

help

Today I decided to `help' a student of mine deal with his problems.. I don't know how much help I was and whether I was preaching more than trying to understand.. But it made me realize how strong I felt the need to help change someone. Can you really help change someone? I once tried doing that but failed miserably.. Change has to come from the person itself right? You can't help someone who doesn't try to help himself..
Some teachers would just give up on people who don't seem to be bothered. But I seem to want to take up this challenge in the hope that I will eventually help to change this person whose teachers all seem to be complaining about..
I'm not expecting miracles to happen. Still, one can hope and pray to see improvements. A friend told me not to be too hard on myself and expect to move mountains. Eventually students forget teachers and move on with their life so.. why bother? she said. But at least I tried something. And hopefully I'm not too late...

No comments: