Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Screams, laughters and tears

A few days before the IB results came out I put this up on my facebook status:

'Success is a journey not a destination. The doing is usually more important than the outcome. Not everyone can be Number 1'

It was just fitting for the scenario before and after the results.. something that wasn't really my intention. But the quote will remain on my status for a while.. at least until the euphoria of the results have died down..

Yesterday was memorable indeed.. there were screams, sighs of relief and even tears..

For me I was happy and also sad to know some of the results. It made me wonder later on how one measures success.. I suppose it would mean different things for different people.. But I do believe efforts are rewarded accordingly and so even if we are upset with the outcome, we should reflect upon the process that went into it and learn from it.

As a teacher you always hope for the best and feel partly responsible for students' success or failures.. Realised that being a part of this IB program is as tough for teachers as it is for students too actually.. ;)

Will keep on praying that all my students will take on this next journey (after IB) with resilience and dedication I hope they still have.. and for those who fell, I hope they can pick themselves up again with the courage and spirit I know they possess..

No comments: